Home
My Favorite Quotes

Hits 1 to 25 of 30
 Toby Keith - “As Good As I Once Was,”
 Toby Keith - “We went from being an independent to one of the biggest and best labels in town, and in the merger we lost all identity, ... We were the little dog that barked loud (and) grew up to be a big dog, and when we merged we were powerless.”
 Toby Keith - “My mom taught us the Serenity Prayer at a young age.”
 Toby Keith - “You know, I'm pro-troops, but I'm not pro-war.”
 Toby Keith - “I say if you're going to take a chance on something, you just go full balls to the wall.”
 Toby Keith - “We turned what is virtually a glorified independent label into one of the powerhouse labels in the town.”
 Toby Keith - “My first gig, I was about 17 or 18. But I'd been singing a long time. I got a guitar when I was 8, and started trying to write songs as a teenager.”
 Toby Keith - “When I came to DreamWorks, I was in bad trouble. They were in bad trouble. They were millions of dollars in the hole and a few days from closing their doors. I was on my last leg.”
 Toby Keith - “I've got three or four really mainstream double-platinum kind of artists that are kind of late in their deals, too, that have contacted us. They trust in the fact that I'm willing to stand up and fight for the rights of songwriters and artists.”
 Toby Keith - “There are a couple of things that are really brought home from a female perspective. In the studio I sing hard, and she softened that up. On 'Crash Here Tonight' she said 'You have a rich baritone voice, and I think this song can be just as sexy as all get out. Let's keep it in this register. Let it be sassy and intimate.”
 Toby Keith - “We're going to be an independent, ... but smell, walk, talk, look and record like a major.”
 Toby Keith - “Probably 75 percent of the people in this town think I'll fail, and the other 25 percent hope I fail,”
 Toby Keith - “Through the years, a lot of it is just being around some great people like my dad and his friends who come up with those things. I've just claimed them after I've heard them.”
 Toby Keith - “Well, I couldn't do the day-to-day stuff of being a politician or anything, but I just think everybody should have an opinion and everybody should vote, and that's what we're built on.”
 Toby Keith - “My wife got upset, but I usually take those things, when people say stuff about me like that, and turn them into gold. So when the person who said that goes to her Wal-Mart and she's looking for a garden hose and looks over and sees the album, she'll know what a great idea it was to call me white trash with money.”
 Toby Keith - “Everybody should have their own thing, and if he don't want to be a role model, that should be up to him. In the right situations, I can try to help and be a role model, but I'm still gonna speak my mind, and if that affects the role-model deal, then too bad.”
 Toby Keith - “I have drawn a very close bond to all the military people.”
 Toby Keith - “None of the Nashville labels think I'm going to make it. But I feel very confident about my new label, because I'm signed as the first act. And as long as I continue to sell records, the label is going to be outstanding.”
 Toby Keith - “You just try to give them a little piece of the United States, and tell them that we all support them and love them, no matter what they hear.”
 Toby Keith - “They're just other cities. With the type of technology we have today - there's no reason for me to live anywhere else, so I might as well stay at home.”
 Toby Keith - “I was raised in bars. My grandmother had one, and when I was 12 years old I'd go stay with her and that's where I got to watch her band play-she had a seven- or eight-piece band, and I would sit in the kitchen and peek through the door. I was kind of a 12-year-old bottle washer.”
 Toby Keith - “Go for a walk, say a little prayer and take a deep breath of mountain air,”
 Toby Keith - “We can literally make a decision at noon and get started by 1 p.m..”
 Toby Keith - “This movie thing is creative. It's the most creative thing I've done in years.”
 Toby Keith - “It was the most creative thing I've done in a decade.”

Show Page 1
1
Show Page 2
2