Home
My Favorite Quotes
Hits 1 to 7 of 7
 Steve Letarte - “We concentrated specifically on Richmond for only about 40 percent of that test. The remaining 60 percent was spent on 'generic' testing where we were gathering data that relates to Phoenix, New Hampshire International Speedway or other tracks.”
 Steve Letarte - “My responsibility is to all of the people who have invested money and time into this team. Jeff is a phenomenal talent and there's so much support here at Hendrick that I don't feel it's only on my shoulders. I think in the last 10 races of 2005 we showed glimmers of where we need to be. If we didn't set a goal to win a championship I'd be disappointed.”
 Steve Letarte - “That's the most comforting thing in the world. He's the best I've ever seen. You know with Jeff Gordon what you need to fix. That's what we're all going to work for. When we do fix it, it's going to be a great thing, hopefully.”
 Steve Letarte - “In my opinion, the way to win a championship, the way to be successful, is you've got to be really good in every area, not great in any specific one. That's kind of what we're going to work on.”
 Steve Letarte - “I look forward to it. I'm a racer, I've raced my whole life. When I lay down at night, there's nothing I want more than to know it was on you. I welcome the pressure. That's what I want to do.”
 Steve Letarte - “I don't know if that means that I'm developing or it was just lucky, but like Jeff said, we rode for 300 and something laps and we had a good car, we just couldn't get by (the leaders). I heard Jeff make a comment that he thinks our car would be really good in clean air, so we just stayed out.”
 Steve Letarte - “We just haven't hit on something that Jeff can hustle and drive and feel comfortable with. This track is so fast, and so rough in the middle of both corners, that if you don't have the confidence to really put the gas pedal down, you really can't get anywhere.”