Is what I am saying loving, compassionate, kind, empowering, or insightful
- Rhonda Britten Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
We are never more discontented with others than when we are discontented with ourselves.
- Henri Amiel Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
The only real security is not in owning or possessing, not in demanding or expecting, not in hoping, even. Security in a relationship lies neither in looking back to what it was, nor forward to what it might be, but living in the present and accepting it as it is now.
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
We can never establish with certainty what part of our relations with others is the result of our emotions -- love, antipathy, charity, or malice -- and what part is predetermined by the constant power play among individuals.
- Milan Kundera Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
The key to any good relationship, on-screen and off, is communication, respect, and I guess you have to like the way the other person smells -- and he smelled real nice.
- Sandra Bullock Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
All infractions of love and equity in our social relations are speedily punished. They are punished by fear. Whilst I stand in simple relations to my fellow-man, I have no displeasure in meeting him. We meet as water meets water, or as two currents of air mix, with perfect diffusion and interpenetration of nature. But as soon as there is any departure from simplicity, and attempt at halfness, or good for me that is not good for him, my neighbour feels the wrong he shrinks from me as far as I have shrunk from him his eyes no longer seek mine there is war between us there is hate in him and fear in me.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
A man is the part he plays among his fellows. He is not isolated he cannot be. His life is made up of the relations he bears to others is made or marred by those relations, guided by them, judged by them, expressed in them. There is nothing else upon which he can spend his spirit nothing else that we can see. It is by these he gets his spiritual growth it is by these we see his character revealed, his purpose, his gifts. A few (men) act as those who have mastered the secrets of a serious art, with deliberate subordination of themselves to the great end and motive of the play. These have 'found themselves,' and have all the ease of a perfect adjustment.
- Woodrow Wilson Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom ones relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident.
- Hugh Walpole Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
The prime source of nourishing interaction is authentic, intimate relating. Genuine relating is responding to the other and to his needs.
- Jerry Greenwald Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
Coming together is a beginning keeping together is progress working together is success.
- Henry Ford Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
I know I am but summer to your heart, And not the full four seasons of the year.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
Death ends a life, not a relationship.
- Jack Lemmon Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes