While thousands are dying in Iraq, here at home our government is waging a new war, a 'war on dissent' that threatens to dismantle the constitution and severely challenge our country's basic democratic principles of free speech and peaceful assembly.
- Michael McConnell Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
The Colorado statute, however, applies only to American flags, which raises another constitutional issue. The Constitution prohibits what the case law calls 'viewpoint discrimination.' This means that the government cannot silence one side of a debate while allowing speakers who favor an opposing viewpoint. Thus, to the extent that personal display of American or Mexican flags now symbolizes opposing views on the current national debate about immigration issues, the Colorado statute cannot constitutionally protect the right of students to display the American flag while allowing a school to ban the display of a different flag.
- Mark Silverstein Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
Once people have the constitution, the idea is they should be able to engage with it before the referendum.
- Nicholas Haysom Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
Yes, there is a topic (the Constitution), but what we have to think about is whether we think it is appropriate for the government to select a topic.
- Rebecca Brown Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
The constitution is in force, but it is not democratic or derived from the people. It is important that the king made no mention of the 1973 decree.
- Mario Masuku Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes
Montana has a very narrow line-item veto as defined by the constitution and presented by the Constitutional Convention, ... I don't believe the governor can strike a condition without striking an appropriation.
- John Cobb Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes